MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G
Compare pricesfrom 18+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $364.99
- LOWEST PRICE $364.99
- HIGHEST PRICE $421.99
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G Review
- Has TwinFrozr and ZeroFrozr heat sink technologies
- Double ball bearings
- Air flow control technology
- Smooth heat pipes and a solid baseplate
The MSI GeForce GTX 1060 gaming X 6g is based on NVIDIA GTX 1060 and features marked improvements on the said original. Such include a custom PCB, a single 8-pin power connector as well as a twin fan heat sink. Incorporated are TwinFrozr and ZeroFrozr heat sink technologies which should do a handy work of keeping this puppy cool, while featured RGB lighting offers something to talk about. While under full load, the maximum temperature recorded is 65 degrees. The specs of this card tell it to be a monster and so it is. It can operate comfortably at 1080P domain and screen resolutions of as high as 2560 by 1440 can’t intimidate it. It has been factory tweaked to attain a clock of 1810MHz as well as 8.1 GHz for the memory. It can be tweaked to boast over 2.1GHz and the power connector is an 8-pin. There is just a solitary HDMI 2.0b that flanks 3 DisplayPort 1.4 and a solitary DL-DVI-D. It has a power rating of 120W TDP.
What is the architecture and specifications ?
This 6GB graphics card model is based on Pascal Architecture, and is fabricated at a 16nm process. It has 1280 shader process, implying that it has ten streaming multi-processors multiplied by 128 shader cores. The memory is snarled at 192-bit wide bus that is locked at 2000MHz. It has 8 GHz GDDR5 effective memory with a bandwidth of 192 GB/s. MSI GeForce GTX 1060 gaming x 6g can support up to four separate displays with a maximum resolution of 7680 by 4320. Also utilized is the double ball bearings which give the Fans a durable and strong core. These bearings are very silent while spinning under load.
what is its performance ?
In OC mode, the boost and base core clock 1595MHz and 1810MHz respectively. For the gaming and silent modes, the boost and base core clock stand at 1570MHz & 1785MHz and 1506MHZ &1708 MHz respectively. Featured is the MSI TORX 2.0 Fan tech that works hand in hand with the TWIN FROZR VI to quietly cool the core. The level of quiet observed is truly impressive considering that the design generates up to 22 percent more air pressure. The incorporated ZeroFrozr technology aids in maintaining the quiet. How does it work you ask? It operates by stopping the fans when the card is not too heavily loaded and hence reducing the noise. It detects loading by monitoring the temperature, and at less than 60 degrees Celsius the fans stop.
Conclusion: Should I buy it ?
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 gaming X 6g is a fairly priced card which is quite fast and operates silently. It allows you to play your games up to 2560 by 1440 screen resolution and is quite low power consumption too. It is an excellent choice for those who do their gaming at the 2560 by 1440 resolution domain. It is a highly recommended card that is worth its price. It is a good 1080P as well as 1440P card that offers very good 40~60 FPS at WQHD.
People also viewed
- The MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G is manufactured by MSI and was added in July 2016 in the Graphics Cards section
- This product has a rating of 5.0 out of 5
- The best price of the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G in Canada is $364.99 at Amazon Canada
- You can compare prices for the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G and save up to 1% or $5.00
- In Canada this product is available in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa-Gatineau
- You can find this product at FrontierPC.com, Channel Electronics, Amazon Canada, Mike's Computer Shop, Ashlin Technology Solutions Inc., Newegg.ca, B&H Photo, PC-Canada, SoftwareCity, Fleet Network Canada, gamercan.com, ordertek.ca