4711 by Muelhens 800ml
The best price by FragranceX.com
Manufactured by Muelhens
- Unisex fragrance
- Scent history of over 2,000 years dating back to the 18th century
- Citrus scent with dominant notes of bergamot
- peach and orange
- At only 800 ml per bottle
- the scent will be consumed quickly when used regularly
Compare pricesfrom 2+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $49.21
- LOWEST PRICE $49.21
- HIGHEST PRICE $49.21
4711 By Muelhens 800ml Review
The 4711 by Muelhens 800ml is a cologne formula first produced in the 18th century in Germany. It is an original scent blending citrus top notes that denote a tart and stimulating scent. It also has tinges of light florals and a warm musk. Best of all, it is a unisex smell that appeals to both male and female.
Rooted in History
Part of the allure of the 4711 by Muelhens 800ml is that it originated in the late 1700s by a young banker with the name of Wilhelm Muelhens. In 1810, this cologne formula was used for medicinal purposes especially for the relief of muscle strains and fatigue.
One of the most popular figures in history to use this scent was the war figure Napoleon who believed this was a “miraculous preparation.” But he decreed that the ingredients of this concoction be listed publicly in a prominent place. To keep the secrecy of its formula, 4711 was sold as a refreshant for external use only.
A Carthusian monk developed the fragrance reputedly as well. The name of the formula 4711 came from the name of an address in Germany: Glockengasse no. 4711 in Koln. Apart from the name and the scent, the label has also remained unchanged and it is placed in a gold-coloured bottle with turquoise lettering.
Bergamot as the Dominant Note
The 4711 scent has a predominantly fresh scent with a tangy citrus oil quality with aromatic herbs. Its dominant note is bergamot: a fresh oil from a non-edible citrus fruit that grows in the warm climate of Italy.
Other top notes that add to its citrus quality are lemon, orange, petitgrain neroli, basil and peach. Its middle notes are lily, melon, cyclamen and Bulgarian rose. The base notes of this scent are patchouli, musk, sandalwood, oakmoss, cedar and Tahitian vetiver.
People also viewed
- The 4711 by Muelhens 800ml is manufactured by Muelhens and was added in December 2014 in the Unisex Perfume section
- This product has a rating of 4.0 out of 5
- The best price of the 4711 by Muelhens 800ml in Canada is $49.21 at FragranceX.com
- In Canada this product is available in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa-Gatineau
- You can find this product at FragranceX.com