LG Lecteur BP550 2D/3D - BD - DVD - CD - Wi-Fi - Premium Online Content - MultiZone Region Code Free DVD 012345678 PAL/NTSC Blu Ray Zone A/B/C - 100~240V 50/60Hz World-Wide Use (Free 2 Meter M-System HDMi Cable) (B01N37BDNQ)
When you look to buy one of the top Blu-Ray disc players, the first thing you consider is internet capability. Your Blu-Ray disc player can connect to your home internet through Ethernet or Wi-Fi and once the connection is done, a host of capabilities open up for you – you can watch movies and videos in YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant and also listen to music in Pandora. Some of these players also offer additional services like HBO Go. You should inquire about all these features as you prepare to buy your Blu-Ray disc player.
Picture quality in Blu-Ray disc players
As far as picture quality is concerned, nothing can beat Blu-Ray disc players at the moment because they offer 1080p resolution. The best part of these players is that they are able to up-convert 480p DVDs into 1080p. In terms of picture quality, there are three points for you to find out.
- 3D capability: if you have a compatible TV, your Blu-Ray disc player should be able to play 3D movies and videos.
- 4k upscaling: if you have an UHDTV, you can use a 4K Blu Ray disc player to convert 1080p content to 4K resolution.
- Enhanced video processing: if you have a large TV, look for Blu-Ray disc players with video processors where the pictures can be fine-tuned as pixels. The result is more natural looking pictures and a seamless experience.
Getting the best sound from Blu-Ray disc players
Even if you have one of the finest sound systems in your home, you can further enhance its sound quality with your Blu-Ray disc player. You can rest assured that the player will not let the sound get lost and you will get a more realistic cinema like experience at home. For the best sound effect through your player, install some Dolby stereos at home and place them strategically. The result will be just awesome! And of course, you can also enjoy superb music on your player even when you are not playing any video. The music can be played from CDs, through USB connectivity and also through online streaming. If you are looking to play music from a computer, ensure that your player has DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) capability.
Connectivity options in Blu-Ray disc players
Connectivity is another point you should consider. You can connect your Blu-Ray disc player with a TV or a music system using HDMI. However, if your music system doesn’t have an HDMI port, you should look for a player that has dedicated output channels for audio. You should also see if a player has microSD storage facility.
In terms of connectivity, here are some more points for you to consider.
- Does your Blu-Ray disc player have USB ports through which you can play digital media files?
- Can you connect to your Blu-Ray disc player using Bluetooth? This is another way to connect your devices to the player.
- If you consider buying a Sony Blu-Ray disc player, does it allow you to play PS3 games without you having to buy a console separately?
- Does your Blu-Ray disc player have the mirroring facility where you can watch the screen of your Android handheld device on a large screen?
Shopping for Blu-Ray disc players
You should compare some of the top Blu-Ray disc players for their form factor and price. Samsung Blu Ray disc players are among the best, but there are many other top selling models available. Look for a compact player that doesn’t occupy a lot of space and is still within your budget.
Which Blu-Ray disc players for which use?
You should look for the best absolutely best Blu-Ray disc players if you want value for money. And in this regard, here are the top five bestselling models that you should consider – Sony BDP-S1500, Sony BDP-S6500 3D Streaming Blu-ray player, Panasonic DMP-BD91 Blu-Ray Player, Samsung BD-J4500 and Samsung BD-J7500 Black Smart 3D 4K Blu-Ray Player.
Sony is among the best manufacturers of Blu-Ray disc players and some of their other top models are Sony BDP-S5500, Sony BDP-S3500, Sony BDPS6200, Sony Corporation BDPS3200 and Sony BDPSX910.
We’ve mentioned Samsung already and the top models from Samsung are Samsung BD-J4500, Samsung BD-J5100, Samsung BD-J6300, Samsung BD-J5900 and Samsung BD-J5700.
Another Japanese company that manufactures top end Blu-Ray disc players is Panasonic. The top Panasonic players are Panasonic DMP-BD91, Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-Ray Player, Panasonic DMP-BDT460, Panasonic DMP-BDT230 3D Blu-Ray Player, Panasonic DMP-BDT460 and Panasonic DMP-BDT330.