Netgear DGND3700 Price
- Product Name
NETGEAR N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router (DGND3700) (DGND3700-100NAS)Qualified orders over $25 ship FREE
Netgear DGND3700 Review
Looks can be quite deceiving. And while Netgear gave its router/modem DGND3700 a very conservative look, it's powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with fierce competition such as AVM Fritz!box and LinksysE4200 - a speed demon in a preacher's robes, teaching us not to judge a router by its cover.
Netgear was clever to prioritize convenience over aesthetics with the DGND3700's design. It's not the sexiest router out there and its glossy finish is definitely a fingerprint and smudge magnet. But the router is not only wall-mountable, it can also be laid vertically or horizontally depending on space constraints.
A brief inspection of its router features will reveal 4 Gigabit LAN ports, a Gigabit WAN port, WiFi on/off button and the customary WPS button. There's also two USB 2.0 docks available, instead of the usual one, and unlike the Linksys E4200, both of these docks can sustain USB bus-powered NTFS or FAT32 external drives. It's a very welcome change, specially for those who intend to use its NAS and streaming capabilities simultaneously, or perhaps use two external drives; one for sharing through SMB, HTTP or FTP, and the other one, to act as a DLNA server. However, these two features aren't as fast as they should be, which is common among multi-function routers in its line. This router also won't support printers, UPS, 3G modems and USB pass through. The setup can easily be done in minutes through its simple and intuitive user interface. It may not be as newbie-friendly as the Cisco Connect, but its step-by-step instructions will surely help its user through the process easily. This interface has a traffic meter that provides real-time reports and alerts about the network activity with very comprehensive parental controls.
The DGND3700's software also automatically searches the web for the latest firmware updates to keep the system up-to-date. While the feature may already be present in other devices, the DGND3700 also has a built-in UPnP Media Server for photo and video content streaming to compliant game consoles, HDTVs and Bluray disc players. It supports all wireless encryption standards such as WEP, WPA-Personal, and WPA-Enterprise to maintain network security. But what really stands out in its arsenal is its stellar true dual-band wireless-n connection performance. Among the routers in its line, the DGND3700's very competitive speed in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band is just a few Mbps short from topping the charts. With its ADSL2+ connection, it also doubles as a DSL modem that never fails to deliver. So whatever amount you thought you paid in excess for this router, you'll save from not having to purchase a modem from your internet service provider.
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Netgear
- ASUS Wireless AC2400 Dual-band Gigabit Router RT-AC87U ASUS
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 TP-LINK
- Linksys EA7500-CA Linksys
- Ubiquiti Lite ERLite-3 Ubiquiti
- Cisco WRP500 Wireless-AC Broadband Router with 2 Phone Ports CISCO
- TP-LINK Archer C9 TP-LINK
- TP-LINK Archer C3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router TP-LINK
- Cisco RV130W Wireless-N Multifunction VPN Router RV130W-A-K9-NA CISCO
- Netgear WiFi Modem Router D6200 Netgear
- D-Link DSR-250 D-Link
- Linksys Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router LRT224 Linksys
- The Netgear DGND3700 is manufactured by Netgear and was added in December 2014 in the Routers section
- This product has a rating of 4.7 out of 5
- The best price of the Netgear DGND3700 in Canada is $142.25 at Amazon Canada
- In Canada this product is available in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa-Gatineau
- You can find this product at Amazon Canada