Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 GV-R929WF3-4GD Review
The Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 GV-R929WF3-4GD is a video graphics card created to suit the gamers needs in terms of performance. It comes with a ton of features that every gamer is probably dreaming about right now. According to Gigabyte, the card comes with a better R9 290 GPU which is very effective and an integrated 4GB GDDR5 memory to keep things going faster. It also has a 512-bit memory interface and a couple of ports such as the Display port, HDMI and the DVI-D 2. It has a 947MHz core clock speed and requires only 600W from your system.
The Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 GV-R929WF3-4GD card hasn’t been reviewed by experts but I have learned a few things here and there from my inquisitive online research. First of all, the card comes with a new WINDFORCE 3X 450W cooling system which is designed to keep the temperatures on the low during gaming or when idling. This cooling system maintains the same 450W cooling capacity but uses only two slots. GIGABYTE used their own Triangle cool technology, a couple of inclined fans and a ton of 6mm and 8mm heat pipes to ensure a better cooling system. The heat pipes ensure that you have a good heat dissipation capacity and also ensure that the card’s performance is at an all time high due to low temperatures.
In addition to this new cooling system, the guys at Gigabyte also decided to bring in a new interface that makes everything easy from adjusting the settings to monitoring the card’s capacity. This interface allows you to update BIOS directly, get online support, OSD, Memory clock, Gpu clock and even monitoring. You can also update the drivers from the interface. The Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 GV-R929WF3-4GD supports a range of independent display outputs simultaneously and thanks to its Eyefinity technology, you are now able to get innovative graphics.
What’s even better, the Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 GV-R929WF3-4GD comes with smart fan control. This feature allows you to change the fan’s mode from silent to performance mode or vice versa. When on silent mode, the fan will run at a slower speed just to keep the noise levels on the low and it would only increase speed in case the temperature rises. On the other hand the performance mode ensures that the fan runs according to the GPUs demands. If the temperatures rise, then the fan increases its speed and vice versa.
Although the Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 GV-R929WF3-4GD might seem like a great product in theory, some complaints have come up from some users that the product brought a blue screen after a short while. However, this was just sent in by a few customers who are looking for a replacement. The majority agreed with the manufacturer’s description and praised the card. It’s therefore safe to say that the product is a good addition to your gaming system.
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition 08G-P4-5173-KR EVGA
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING ASUS
- ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX DirectCU II STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 ASUS
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme Edition ZT-P10700B-10P ZOTAC
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition ZT-P10700A-10P ZOTAC
- PNY GTX 980Ti 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0 VCGGTX980T6XPB-CG PNY
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming GV-N1070XTREME-8GD Gigabyte
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 08G-P4-6276-KR EVGA
- ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 TI STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5 ASUS
- PNY GeForce GTX 1070 VCGGTX10708XGPB-OC PNY
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 OC GV-N970WF3OC-4GD Gigabyte
- Matrox TripleHead2Go DisplayPort Matrox
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming GV-N1070G1-GAMING Gigabyte
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD Gigabyte
- Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GV-N1080D5X-8GD-B Gigabyte
- Gigabyte GeForce GT 730 GV-N730SL-2GL Gigabyte
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC 8G GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Gigabyte
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 WINDFORCE OC 4G GV-RX460WF2OC-4GD Gigabyte